Jason W. Miller, Des Moines, Iowa Attorney
Jason is a trial attorney who maintains a varied civil litigation, insurance coverage and appellate practice. His practice includes but is not limited to insurance defense, insurance coverage, agribusiness law, personal injury, property damage, professional malpractice, commercial litigation, real estate disputes and administrative law. Jason frequently represents clients in complex litigation in both Iowa’s state and federal courts. Jason has obtained favorable results for clients through motion practice, jury verdicts, bench trials, and appeal decisions and is an inducted member of the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Patterson Law Firm, LLP
505 - 5th Avenue, Suite 729
Des Moines, IA 50309
Jason currently practices in the areas of agribusiness law, insurance coverage, personal injury, property damage, professional malpractice, commercial litigation, real estate disputes, administrative law, and construction law.
- St. Ambrose University, Davenport, Iowa, BA - 1999, Summa Cum Laude
- University of Iowa College of Law, JD 2002 (with distinction)
Professional Associations and Memberships
In 2015, Jason was inducted into the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers. Membership in this Academy is by invitation only, upon the sponsorship and recommendation from peers, judges and the unanimous approval of the Academy’s Board of Governors. Membership is limited to 250 lawyers who have displayed exceptional skill and high integrity, and have dedicated their professional life primary to trial practice.
Jason is also a member of the following:
- Iowa Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Jason is admitted to practice law in the following jurisdictions:
- State of Iowa
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
Volunteer Associations and Memberships
Golf, gardening, and travel.