Cory D. Abbas, Des Moines, Iowa Trial Lawyer
After his undergraduate studies and before attending law school, Cory was instrumental in the foundation of the small business Intersphere Lasergames, and managed the introduction of the cable modem product for the Des Moines metro area for Mediacom (f/k/a AT&T Broadband). This hands on business experience combines with continued legal training to assist in giving sound legal advice to insurance companies, employers, and individuals primarily in regard to workers compensation, as well as other general legal matters.
Patterson Law Firm, LLP
505 - 5th Avenue, Suite 729
Des Moines, IA 50309
General practice including but not limited to workers compensation, employment law, civil litigation, personal injury and advising small/medium sized businesses.
- Drake University - Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Magna Cum Laude, in 1994.
- Drake University Law School - Juris Doctorate, with high honors, in 2004.
While at Drake Law School, Cory was an Opperman Scholar and a member of the Moot Court Board, the ABA Negotiations Team and the Blackstone Inns of Court. He also was invited to join the Order of the Coif.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the Polk County, Iowa State and American Bar Associations.
- Member of Blackstone Inns of Court.
- Iowa Association of Work Comp Lawyers.
Volunteer Associations and Memberships
- Des Moines Soccer Club (DMSC) founding Board Member (2020)
- Youth Soccer Referee (2015-present)
- Soccer West Soccer Club (SWSC) Board Member (2012-2020)
- Cub Scout Den Leader (2009-2015)
- Volunteer judge for Junior High and High School Mock Trial Tournaments (2006-present)
- Youth Soccer Coach for SWSC and DMSC, Class E licensed. (2005-present)
- Legal advisor to Children’s Garden daycare facility (2005-2009)
- Executive Board President for Children’s Garden daycare facility (2004-2005)
- Coach and judge for Johnston Junior High School Mock Trial Team (2001, 2003)
- Mentor for youth involved in Polk County Peer Review Court (1993-2001)